Engineering is a broad subject, with so many types to choose from, it can be challenging to narrow down your options. As a guide for you to decide, you should identify which field you’re passionate about, what gets you most excited? All types of engineering focus on making life more comfortable and include some form of problem-solving; however, what engineering-related solution gare you most intrigued by? you’ll find it easier to be more involved with the subject and to stay motivated during your course if you choose a subject you’re naturally interested in, and
Here’s a list of a few branches of engineering, to assist you in deciding which one could be for you.
Electrical and electronics engineering
Electrical and electronics engineering can be individual degrees or a joint degree that focuses on the applications and science of electrical power and devices. The two fields are different in a way that electrical engineers mainly focus on the large-scale supply and production of electrical power. In contrast, electronics engineers focus more on smaller and more specific electronic circuits, such as the ones used in computer devices.
You should pursue a degree for electrical or electronic engineering if:
- You are interested in how electrical systems and devices function.
- You want to be part of the workforce that powers the next phase of technological developments.
- You are interested in understanding how any electrical system is set up and have ideas for how it could be improved.
Mechanical engineering is the most challenging and broadest type of engineering. It is concerned with the manufacturing, design, and maintenance of mechanical systems.Read more: Check the History and Test the Soil before Buying Farmland for Sale
Mechanical engineering courses mostly focus on statics and dynamics, thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, stress analysis, mechanical design and technical drawing.
You should pursue a degree for mechanical engineering if:
- You like experimenting with mechanical devices (you should also consider aeronautical engineering as an option).
- You are interested in innovative designing, especially that of artificial intelligence and sustainable energy.
- You are interested in working with an integrative team to develop and improve mechanical technologies.
Civil engineering is a field of engineering that is concerned with the professional practice of designing and constructing infrastructural projects. There are many branches of civil engineering, some of which can be on a huge scale, such as the development of water supply networks, nationwide transport systems or on a smaller scale, such as the development of buildings or single roads.
This type of engineering is a fit for you if:
- You are interested in constructing and building things.
- You are interested in hydraulics, mechanics, geotechnics (solving construction problems by using knowledge of the Earth’s crust ), statistical analysis, or materials science.
- You would like to improve your design skills, particularly in computer-aided design.