Backpack … In this time a most useful item for daily uses but most of time we are confused which backpack is good for traveling, Hiking and daily uses .Here a brief and somewhat scientific guide to pack selection and trip preparation
What capacity backpack do I need?
|Time||Liters||Empty pack Weight|
|Day OR Overnight||20-25 Liter||1.5 to 4.5 lbs.|
|Weekend||50-60 liter||2.5 to 5 lbs.|
|Multiday||60-80 liter||2.5 to 5 + lbs.|
|Extended||80+ liter||4 to 6 lbs.|
What size backpack do I need?
Always choose your backpack size on Torso length, So now question is how know my torso length. Check this step to know about your torso length with help of your friend or own self.
- Have a friend locate your C7 vertebra the most prominent bony bump on the back of your neck when you tilt your head forward.
- Put your hand on the top edge of your hip bones with your thumbs reached behind you. Imagine a line running across your low back between your thumb.
- Using flexible measuring tape or tell your friend to measure, your friend should start at the C7 vertebra and measure down your spine to the point where the tape crosses the imaginary line between your thumbs.
- This distance is your torso length
Here is some back-pack size with Torso length
|BackPack Size||Torso Length|
|Extra Small||Up to 15”+|
|Small||16 to 17 “ +|
|Medium /Regular||18 to 19”+|
|Large /tail||20” +|
How Determines backpack volume ?
At the testing team uses a standardized test method to know as the ASTM F2153, to calculate the volume of your any brand backpacks. The tester fils the packs -including all the pockets – with gumball sized plastic balls. The ball is then poured out into a measuring cylinder calibrated to measure liters.
What is Extended capacity? Many packs are designed the feature to increase the carrying capacity beyond the normal capacity. This is also measured at all testing center, and litested as the extended capacity.
What is prefer cubic inch measurements? this is conversation of of liter in to inches its comes with to convert liters to cubic inches multiply by 61 more information hotmail login
How do I adjust the fit of my backpack?
Follow these step by step instructions
- Put your arms through the straps and position the hip belt on your hip bones.
- Clip the hip belt buckle and pull the tails forward to tighten (You should feel most of the weight of your pack on your hips ,not your shoulders)
- Snug the shoulder straps by pulling down on the webbing rails.
- Pull the pack in toward your lover back with the adjuster straps on the side of the hip belt.
- Pull the pack in toward your upper back with the webbing at the top the shoulder straps.
- Slide the sternum strap up or down the shoulder straps unlit comfortable: clip the buckle and tighten
- Some sternum strap buckles have a built-in whistle – you may blow it now to signal that your pack is adjusted and ready to go. Just kidding. Use for emergencies only
- And Finally if you are carrying any cats, secure the pack lid prior to takeoff
Which is important item I have take with me during the hiking Or tracking ? Here is top 10 list of essential iteam which you have must carry during your hiking Or trekking
- Navigation (Map and compass with Offline maps in Smartphone)
- Sun protection (sunglasses and sunscreen lotion)
- Insulation (Some extra clothing)
- Illumination (head lamp -flash light)
- First -aid supplies with some common medicine
- Fire (Waterproof matches /lighter /candles)
- Repair kit and tools (like duct tape)
- Nutrition (extra food like energy bar)
- Hydration (extra water)
- Emergency shelter
Hope you like this guide for backpack, If you have any question or suggestion please feel free write in comment and share this article with your friends if think this is good guide .Keep reading other tips and tricks on our blog .